Service Improvement for Global Car Manufacturer
The customer is an automobile manufacturer that designs, engineers, produces and distributes luxury vehicles with over 100 markets worldwide. This company, which attaches great importance to innovation and progress in the automotive industry, is highly dependent on technology in its operations.
The customer got into a disagreement with their supplier that provided field support services for the company’s PCs and mobile phones due to non-fulfilment of agreed KPIs. A root cause analysis revealed that this degradation of service was due to a lack of clarity in the defined service scope in the contract.
KPC provided a solution that covered the following topics:
Audit: KPC performed a detailed contract audit of all in-scope field support activities and provided recommendations for improvement of the service.
Service Strategy: KPC developed next-level service strategy that proposed new and improved service and contract requirements together with a detailed implementation plan for these requirements.
Service Implementation: KPC supported the implementation of the next-level service strategy which included the following activities:
- Creation of a new tender for a new vendor selection
- Support of the selection process for vendors
- Support for the transition of services to the new vendor
- Setting up a customer governance and execution system for the performance review of vendors
After the transition to a new vendor, a new level of service quality was achieved on the basis of the redefined service and detailed contract.
The benefits following for the customer after implementation were as follows:
- Improved service with clearly defined service scope
- Clearly defined KPIs and performance review parameters
- Improvement of the service provided by the vendor
- Better control and execution of the vendor management system